Monday, August 27, 2012

Spend Time With Me

Spend time with me for the pure pleasure of being in My company. I can brighten up the dullest of gray days; I can add sparkle to the routines of daily life. You have to repeat so many tasks day after day. This monotony can dull your thinking until your mind slips into neutral. A mind that is unfocused is vulnerable to "the world, the flesh, and the devil," all of which exert a downward pull on your thoughts. As your thinking processes deteriorate, you become increasingly confused and directionless. The best remedy is to refocus your mind and heart on Me, your constant Companion. Even the most confusing day opens up before you as you go step by step with Me. My presence goes with you wherever you go, providing Light for your path.
Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.- PSALM 63:7-8
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.-PSALM 119:105
________________________________________________

Spending time with God does not have to be a routine thing. We should not only be spending time in his company when we got to church on Sunday, read our Bibles before work, and pray with our families at dinnertime. We should come to learn more about Him and seek His wisdom throughout all our lives because it will bring us joy and happiness, and we all know that we could always use a little more of that! When we start to get away from His word it can be hard to get back into the swing of things. Make a conscious decision to redirect your path or your schedule to include God in it. It doesn't have to be the same connection with Him every day either. Break it up and have fun knowing that you have the Lord God in your life and that He will be with you no matter what time of day you need him.

No comments:

Post a Comment