Friday, August 17, 2012

Find Me in the Midst

Find Me in the midst of the maelstrom (large, powerful, or violent whirlpool).Sometimes events whirl around you so quickly the they become a blur. Whisper My Name in recognition that I am still with you. Without skipping a beat in the activities that occupy you, you find strength and peace through praying My Name. Later, when the happenings have run their course, you can talk with Me more fully.

Accept each day just as it comes to you. Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances. Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes. Remember that nothing can separate you from My loving Presence; you are Mine.
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. - PHILIPPIANS 2:9-11
But now, this is what the Lord says- he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name and you are mine."- ISAIAH 43:1
____________________________________________________

God is with us always. He is with us through the storms, but also with us through the calm and exciting times of our lives. He wants us to pray to him in all times, no matter what the circumstances, for He is always with us. I know that when I pray I can feel another strength behind my actions. This strength and peace is God showing us the way.

I did learn something new in this message today. Not only is it important to pray to God when we are in a whirlwind of a problem, but also talk to Him about what happened, after it is over. It is easy to pray about an issue when we are caught up in the circumstance, but we should also pray to Him and talk to Him about what happened, after it is over. I know for a fact this is not something I have done in the past. I will pray to God about what is happening, but when it is over I move on to the next thing that is happening in my life. It does make sense to talk to Him about the problem later, after the "sea has calmed".

It seems like it will be a challenge bringing up things I had a problem with to God after they are over, because we as humans want to suppress it from our minds. But, it also makes sense that that is how we learn to change the future. Praying to God should be a conversation about everything we are going through and have experienced. He is our teacher and we must submit to learning His message for that is how we develop our Christian faith with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment