Thursday, August 16, 2012

Meet Me

Meet Me in early morning splendor. I eagerly await you here. In the stillness of this holy time with Me, I renew your strength and saturate you with Peace. While others turn over for extra sleep or anxiously tune in to the latest news, you commune with the Creator of the universe. I have awakened in your heart strong desire to know Me. This longing originated in Me, though it now burns brightly in you.

When you seek Me Face in response to My Love-call, both of us are blessed. This is a deep mystery, designed more for your enjoyment than for your understanding. I am not a dour God who discourages pleasure. I delight in your enjoyment of everything that is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable. Think on these things, and My Light in you will shine brighter day by day.
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. -ISAIAH 40:31
One thing I ask of the Lord, that is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. -PSALM 27:4
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. -PHILIPPIANS 4:8
_________________________________________________________

God wants us to want to know him more. We don't always have to understand what he is doing in our lives or what he is telling us, but we can trust and know that he will bring us joy and happiness. It is important to take time out of our busy day to focus on him and meditate in his word. By learning more about God's love for us, we will only bring more happiness to our lives.

For example, by getting up each morning and reading these passages to trying to find a deeper understanding, I have come closer to God just within the last week. I feel like this renewal in my faith has brought me more happiness each and every day. Not only have I been able to learn more about his word, but also relate it to my life personally bringing me more joy and the ability to share that joy with others. Now, you do not have to go to work and give a testimony to every person you see. Having a closer relationship with God will naturally make you smile more, live relaxed, and walk a Christian life, which are all things everyone around you will start to notice. You will begin to reflect Gods light onto others and which is what we as Believers are called to do.

It is so easy for us, as stated above, to roll over, push the alarm, and go back to sleep, especially when some of us are running on 4-6 hours of sleep to begin with. However, I can personally attest, it really is worth it to get up and spend time with the Lord before you begin another day. Not only do you get a chance to learn more about your own life experiences, but it also helps you have a better outlook on the day. It is a constant reminder that God is here for us, He wants us to be happy, and He wants to shine His Light down on us.

So tomorrow, set your alarm for a half hour early and get up to share 30 minutes with God and his word. You will see a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment