Monday, August 13, 2012

Learn to Enjoy Life More

RELAX, remembering that I am God with you. I crafted you with enormous capacity to know Me and enjoy My Presence. When My people wear sour faces and walk through their lives with resigned rigidity, I am displeased. When you walk through a day with childlike delight, savoring every blessing, you proclaim your trust in Me, your ever-present Shepherd. The more you focus on My Presence with you, the more fully you can enjoy life. Glorify Me through your pleasure in Me. Thus you proclaim My Presence to the watching world.
"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a song, and they will call him Immanuel" -- which means, "God with us." -MATHEW 1:23
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."-JOHN 10:10-11
_______________________________________________________
 God is telling us to trust in him, for he knows what is going to happen because he made us and will protect us. He wants us to relax and know in our hearts that when we do trust him with EVERYTHING, we will enjoy our lives to the fullest extent. Today it is easy to trust God with a couple of things here and there, especially when we are having problems. For example, I find it very easy to trust God when I am sick or in pain, but why not trust him everyday even when I am healthy. I also trust Him when I give my 10% tithing from my paycheck, knowing that He will use it for His good will. But, why don't I trust God with the other percent of my paycheck, relaxing and knowing that if I put my faith in him he will help me with the rest.

We need to be like children of God. We all know that children do not care what others think of them. They will take a yucky worm up to a random lady at the park just because they think it is cool and everyone should see it. Hey, they may even have pizza sauce all over their face while they are doing it! We need to learn from the children and proclaim our trust in God, without worry of what others will think of us. This is very hard, especially in today's day and age, but if we build upon each other and talk each other through it, these steps won't be as challenging.

So today, lets try to be kids again. You don't have to preach from your desk at work about how great God is, but let people see how happy you are because you trust in the Lord our God.

Smile, God loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment