Friday, October 26, 2012

Come Unto Me

Come to Me when you are hurting, and I will soothe your pain. Come to Me when you are joyful, and I will share your Joy, multiplying it many times over. I am All you need, just when you need it. Your deepest desires find fulfillment in Me alone.

This is the age of self-help. Bookstores abound with books about “taking care of number one,” making oneself the center of all things. The main goal of these methodologies is to become self-sufficient and confident. You, however, have been called to take a “road less traveled”: continual dependence on Me. True confidence comes from knowing you are complete in My Presence. Everything you need has its counterpart in Me.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”- JOHN 15:5

Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.- JAMES 1:4
___________________________________________________________ God says, "Come unto me, those who are weary and I will give you rest". He wants us to bring our hurts, our scars, and the loads that we carry so that He may give us peace. But God does not just want us to come to Him when we need something. We must also call to Him when we are joyful and happy. He wants to join us in our happiness and celebration so that He may spread it further that we may possibly know. I have heard may stories, and I am sure you have to, about money being donated to a cause and then that money finding ways to multiply and cover more than was needed. God will provide for us ALWAYS.

The above passage is correct. Today we are taught to become so self reliant. God does not want us to rely only on ourselves. He wants us to trust in Him. He will take us down the right life paths and take care of us and our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment