Saturday, September 8, 2012

Accept Each Day

Accept each day exactly as it comes to you. By that, I mean not only the circumstances of your day but also the condition of your body. Your assignment is to trust Me absolutely, resting in My sovereignty and faithfulness.

On some days, your circumstances and your physical condition feel out of balance: The demands on you seem far greater than your strength. Days like that present a choice between two alternatives—giving up or relying on Me. Even if you wrongly choose the first alternative, I will not reject you. You can turn to Me at any point, and I will help you crawl out of the mire of discouragement. I will infuse My strength into you moment by moment, giving you all that you need for this day. Trust Me, by relying on My empowering Presence.
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior.- PSALM 42:5 
For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God’s power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God’s power we will live with him to serve you.- 2 CORINTHIANS 13:4 
“I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”-  JEREMIAH 31:25
_____________________________________________________________

There are days that I honestly feel like crap and do not want to go to work, workout, or move in general. Instead all I want to do is sleep and lay in bed. I think what God is trying to tell us today is that even when we feel weak or groggy we should trust him to help us through our day. Instead of giving in and letting our selves lay around and "feel sick" we need to get up and push through, knowing that God will help support us and our bodies through the day.

Sickness is a tough thing to mess with. Sometimes if we do get up and start functioning it just runs our body down more. But if we pray to God and ask him for strength and healing he will be right at our sides. Everyday, even when we feel our body is out of whack, we should praise him for another day. Looking at the glass half full instead of half empty. It makes us feel better when we think this way. Instead of thinking how sick you feel, think to yourself how happy you are that you get to spend another day with your family or go to a job that you love. God will be there to encourage us to think this way if we pray to him for help. We cannot let the evil one bring us down. When the devil sees that the sickness he has stricken us with is not weakening our soul, he will become discouraged. God will be there by our sides giving us power to overcome.

So today no matter how you feel, look at your glass half full and remember He is by your side to be your strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment